This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Should you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read more about it here.
In this baby supply list you’ll find all the products I mention in my guidebook A Nurse in Your Purse. These are all items I’ve found to be super handy to have as a new mom or even as a veteran mom! It’s not an all inclusive baby supply list at this time, just the ones that are mentioned in the book. While some are obvious on their uses, some may surprise you. Grab the book to find out all the ways I suggest using them!
Baby Grooming Products
- Scrubby brush for cradle cap
- Coconut oil like this one, or your oil of choice to use on skin (be sure to test for allergic reaction first)
- Soft nail file for baby use only
Creams and ointments
- Your preferred diaper rash cream
- Magic Butt Cream Mix: Desitin, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, and Calmoseptine
- Emuaid ointment
First Aid and cold supplies
- Blue suction bulb or other kind of nose sucker
- Nasal saline drops for infants
- Small humidifier for baby’s room
- Baby Chest Rub
- Cotton ball or swabs
- Thermometer of choice (we’ve used this one for years)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother is best. ACV has so many other uses so be sure to look them up!)
- Witch hazel (makes for a great skin toner as well for mamas!)
- A box of small gauze pads (2×2 size is fine)
- A box of non stick bandages
- One roll of sticky gauze wrap (to wrap the non-stick bandage with in case of a burn)
- Preferred baby wearing gear (we used this one and loved it)
- Pacifiers to put in the freezer for teething time.
- Infant Tylenol
- Infant Motrin
- Children’s Benadryl
Please be sure you know how to properly use essential oils when it comes to infants and young children. Some are not safe for babies under 3 months of age. Some are not safe for children under 6 years old. Consult with an essential oil expert prior to using.
Some of the common essential oils used with children are:
- Tea Tree